Copyright © The Giggles Of Life
Design by Dzignine

Monday 9 June 2014

Things to do this Summer '14

 All pictures sourced from: We Heart It

I did this post around this time last year, which is crazy to believe. A year... WOW! Seriously that really did fly by. There were some regrets that I had from last summer, such as not starting new hobbies or going to as many places as I would have liked. I mean sure I did luckily get to spend weeks discovering London with my bestie Edel and my brother but I would have liked to have spent more time in Ireland with my family.

The regrets I had from last year will hopefully be achieved during this summer.

I intend to...

Take MORE pictures, blog and tweek bits on my You Tube


You can tell by my blog and instagram that I'm a lover for photography. My camera sadly is for videos so getting a new camera would be amazing. I love looking back on the pictures from last summer. There were some great memories to hold on to.
I promised ye guys that I would get my blog up and rolling this summer. More time to take pics and to type consistently.
Last year my digital camera was for amending my You Tube however I never got around to that. Lack of confidence and absolutely no idea in how to use my music/ video software on my computer.

Get interested in new hobbies

I would prefer to have hobbies that don't need money for, but living in the countryside, there isn't that many.
I will be spending a good few days at home, since my parents will be working, so I'll take that time in attempting to bake some chocolaty-scrumptious cakes. Oooh, also I am hoping to get myself behind the wheel. Time to take charge and forget about my fear. It's time now I knew how to drive.

Discover new places & new things

I do usually get to see plenty of places, but I never really get to discover what lurks in the areas. As long as there's a pub in the town my Dad is happy. And as long as there's clothes shops my Mum is happy.
I'm going to Scotland in June, so lots to discover I hope. I've seen the kilts, the bagpipes and whatnot but I want to discover the cafes, the book shops, the museums. Just a wander around really :)

Quality time with family

My bother, Aran (or as my family call him 'Harry' - he loves talking about his football. I only know about ManU, so he just talks and talks, and I just pretend to be interested. I do enjoy his company though. He's pretty funny. He'll be 18 this September so he's not the little toddler he once was, covered in dirt, tailing me where ever I went (nothing changed there so much).

My Dad, Michael - If I need someone to talk to about anything. This includes everything, my worries with finance, boys, etc, he's the one I talk to. You would think it's the mother but no, she just calls me little pet, pats me on the head and continues with the ironing. I like spending mornings with Dad. Both of us love going for spins to different towns and just relaxing in the van, listening to the radio, reading the newspaper and drinking lucozade.

My Mum, Jacinta - She gives the best cuddles. So that and spending Friday nights all cozied up on the couch watching chat shows with sweeties is really when I'm most happy with mum. She likes when we go to town. We part ways shopping, then we meet in a cafe, drinking coffee and talking about what purchases we got. To everyone that is a stranger to us, believes that we're sisters. She does keep her skin in great condition, so...

Best Friend Time, with Edel


She'll love how I have 'New Girl' put in here. She LOVES this show.
This really isn't something I have to worry about. I spend nearly all my time with Edel at every holiday.
We go shopping, to the cinema, parks, have sleepovers (which is usually for a duration like a week or 2). We're so comfortable in each others' company that we are like sisters. We know ourselves to be quite strange people and we like that about each other. Rarely it happens, but when we get overly hyper, all hell breaks loose. Our stomachs hurt from laughter and new private jokes are created. As Christina Yang says to Meredith in 'Greys Anatomy', "You're my person!"

Cinderella Pact

Getting fit and getting all shaped up. Edel and I have said we'll work our butts of this summer, and that we'll keep one another motivated. We enjoy swimming but we're hoping to make some fun out of this exercise. We don't exactly swim laps, instead we shout under water, guessing what each other is saying. We attempted going to the gym a few times, a good few years back.... it didn't go very well. We did our part in losing the calories but then coming out we saw the popcorn and slushie machines. We were basically screwed. We kept up with this routine for a good while.
So no more silliness. Time to get up off our asses and to burn off this beaver fat!

Thanks for reading fellow internet peeps,
let me know what you're planning on getting up to this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.