Thursday 31 July 2014

'Shells Cafe' | Strandhill Beach, Co. Sligo


Last Sunday, I had a lovely day with my parents, out shopping, eating and walking by the sea. 

I got a lovely, simple jumper & a set of PJs from 'Pennies' (Primark). I always feel better going home with something, even if it's something small.The idea of jumping into new PJ's is sadly exciting... Haaaa, how pathetic am I?


The photos aren't exactly great quality, I know, but I just wanted to show you the little metal basket pot for the chips. My Mum is obsessed with these little things. And the best place to hunt these cool tools are in 'Ikea'. I myself chose the beef roast. In England it's all currys and kebabs, so having the traditional food, that is quite bland but homely in its taste, was nice and familiar.

And afterwards, we went for dessert in one of my favourite little spots, 'Shells Cafe'.
The cafe itself also has a little shop, with some cakes, jams, organic foods and handmade crafts.

The couple that owns it have a very hippy, save-the-planet, recycle attitude with how they decorate the place. No chairs or tables match. Colanders for lamp shades. The staff have no particular uniform. And everyday they have different cakes out on display. It's one of the reasons why I love the place, with always having the chance in eating something new every time you visit.

Of course, the cafe has the view of the beach, of Strandhill. So, that is amazing. A while back they had some of the stars from 'Home & Away' in the cafe. I feel like I'm in the show when I'm there (some of the staff are Australian, so maybe that's the reason why)




I asked for the gluten-free chocolate cake with cream and a skimmed, organic hot chocolate. Both were so delicious. Next time I'm planning on buying a packet of their organic hot cocoa powder.



My Mum told me to take a picture of this for Edel (Bestie), cos she knows of her love for popcorn. Seriously though, it does look cool!
And another thing, look at the labels... all drawn! I love the originality the place has.



Mummy bought me this soap from the gift store. She asked me, 'How do you use soap?... Do you wet it?' like she was serious as well. I was hoping the shopkeeper could hear her.

Anyway, let me know of any other little cafes you like to go to or that you have heard good reviews on.... I love my hot drinks, cakes and exploring around you see  :)

Thanks for reading cupcakes,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.