Copyright © The Giggles Of Life
Design by Dzignine

Saturday 14 June 2014

Sit Down Saturday | Being Away From Home


Hey guys,

I found out this evening that I didn't have to work. Great news!

Today's choice of hot drink: Hot chocolate

I took this picture two years ago, while going for a walk with Edel. I just love the flowers we have back home.

For people like myself who are living away from home for the first time will know how hard it is. Living here for the first few months was fine. It was exciting being able to do things for myself and getting to meet new people. I had a new job, new friends and had started a new course, so everything was exciting.

I would advise to people though that to enjoy life over here you need money. Back home it's the same, but then I have mum and dad paying for holiday breaks and things. There are certain things to consider over here, that my friends may be working, have families of their own and that they affordability may be a problem. So wanting to go to new adventurous places may be problematic. I have had lots of independent time to think for myself this year. I've focused a lot on myself. Trying to change certain things that I'm not happy about myself. Change for the better.

Deciding on where I hope to be living was perhaps one of the most worrying issues I've ever had to face. I'm a very indecisive person, everyone knows that about me. But I grew up with a mother where, what you pay for, you need to be absolutely sure it wasn't a waste. So I decided with accepting my offer from Canterbury Christ Church University. Hopefully everything goes well anyway.

The things I miss most about home are:
- The comfort of my own house and of the local towns.

- Waking up without an alarm. Instead I have sheep outside my window telling me to wake up.

- My family, close friends, Edel, my neighbours and the local shopkeepers and bartenders. Just seeing people from the local shops and pubs makes me feel as though I'm home.

- Days in the house when Mum & Dad are working, and me and my brother have the music full blast in the house. I miss spending time with my brother, watching movies, playing the PS3. Even when we're bored with the pubs with our families, we'll just talk in the car outside.

- Eating wherever I want around the house. Here in England, living with my aunt & uncle, they're serious about eating at the table and to be there at the exact time to eat. Back home we're really not that serious. We're relaxed and don't really care where we sit and eat. Also everyone but me in the family eats with their mouths open, so that's a little irritating to be around, heehee.

- Spending time with Edel, I miss her humour, her smiles and our DMC's where we'll stay up will 6am talking about our ambitions and fantasies... sleepovers are the best!

I am more excited about returning home than I was for Christmas or when I was going to Mauritius. As well as, I'll be having my birthday meal and seeing my house all done up on the outside.

Thanks for reading sheepys,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.