Thursday 16 October 2014

Thankful Thursday | Window Shopping & Getting My 2nd Job!


I feel as though I haven't written a post in so long, but it's only been a week! Time has been ticking so slow lately.

The picture above is pretty useless in quality and has reflections hitting off the window, but I admit I like it.
I do love window shopping. Just browsing around, scanning over the lovely winter jumpers. In actual fact, I bought that skirt, that the mannequin is wearing, but in black and not navy.
I just thought it would be so pretty with a sparkly, soft, woolly jumper for Christmas, with a pair of stilettos.

So apart from buying a new skirt from 'Next' and oh, also a lovely woolly, dark grey polo neck jumper from 'New Look', my week was uneventful! Apart from the usual stressful things like money, boys and family! Haaaa! Trust me! If you knew the real me, this would probably be a very dramatic blog, but somewhere inside, I feel as though 'those people' could one day see this. So I'm sticking to 'being normal', heehee.

So, my 'Thankful Thursday'

Being greeted by the lovely staff at work (job no. 1) at the restaurant - everyone was singing and laughing aaaaaaand flirting! If you only knew what goes on behind back stage in a restaurant. But getting my wages at the end of the night felt great! Come ta momma!

'Through The Keyhole' - Keith Lemon is disgustingly funny! My Manager and I usually just laugh about Keith the whole time! If you see me sulking, put Keith on the tv! He hasn't failed since!

Dad - you guys must see my Dad pop up the whole time for my Thankful Thursdays. Well, I'm just thankful with the journey he taken in his life. He tries his best with every job he has taken, works to help his family, loves my Mum as his wife and best friend and has therefore been the inspiration for me. For the type of commitment/ marriage that I would  one day like to have.

Email - I've managed to make someone happy this week, with a simple email of encouragement. And I'm thankful that I was able to be there for them and to also have their trust in asking me for advice. Sometimes we can never know what we can do in a certain time or position. We're being tested in these relationships, so it is our actions that speak. How can we help one another? I could have simply not replied back for instance. But I went with my gut and wrote what I thought.

The Body Shop has been very nice to me this week - The face wash I use back in Ireland is the Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash. Out of all the other face washes, this is my favourite. It's perfect for my sensitive skin and leaves it feeling soft, well as soft as acne skin can get, heehee. The Aloe Gentle Exfoliator is great for when I've been wearing makeup all day, and want to scrub it all off, but without being too harsh on the skin.


And finally, I'm thankful for getting a new job in Marks & Sparks (back home it's Marks & Spencers). So it would seem I have my two jobs and also a bit of babysitting at the side... I am an extremely lucky person!

I hope all of you found things to be thankful for this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.