Sunday 6 December 2015

Blogmas - Day 5 - Gospel Choir Service & Christmas Cocktails

Gospel Choir in CCCU Chapel

So myself and my friend Becks are in the Gospel Choir. It's not only students that are in it but lecturers and people from other places.

We had such a great time. We sang a lot of songs by Kirk Franklin (the King composer of Gospel music)
My favourites were "Now Behold The Lamb", "Precious Lord, Take My Hand", "Reign", "Joy to the World" and "Mary Did You Know". Our conductor also sang us a song with his guitar. I could see my housemates and friends standing up and sing Joy to the World with us. I was really in my element, smiling down at them. It was really something like out of 'Sister Act'. Our conductor was sprinting down the aisle and clapping to the audience. Seriously was a fun night to remember.

Afterwards, myself and my friends went out for a few cocktails and played a bit of pool. I of course went for the cocktails that had more of the percentage of alcohol, compared to the rest of the others. We hadn't been out in a while seeing as we are seriously feeling the nerves getting to us now with everything such as assignments, exams, placement and work. We're all a bunch of busy bees dying to get home and to finally have a break over the Christmas.

The Gospel choir is something of which that I happened to commit myself to, simply because the people are lovely and some that I've met have real soul and passion for music. Every rehearsal that we have, our conductor makes us laugh so so much.

My good friend Becks did a solo in "Now Behold the Lamb"... I still get teary when I hear her sing. If you could just see her, you'd agree that she is just so amazing! Our conductor said that this song will be hers for the next 3 years. 'Proud' doesn't even cover it!


I know this is supposed to be a countdown for Christmas Day but I am actually counting down to the 17th - the day I arrive in Dublin.

11 Days left guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.