Copyright © The Giggles Of Life
Design by Dzignine

Saturday 15 June 2013

30 Day Snap #15 | Church & Change


Church is very important in my life. I go every Sunday, I have been since I can remember. And it was my Grand-mother who showed me how important it is to have faith. And I've gone through so much, believing that God was punishing me, but I do accept all the bull crap that's happened to me, my life could be much worse... so I thank God for how I have such friends and family, and a home where I feel safe in.

Church is a place where you can just think and talk to the ones we've lost, and I find it so tranquil listening to the choir in a church... I love the natural echo that is carried out around the chapel.
Seeing by this photo, I went in early before Mass, just to say a few prayers and light a few candles. I came across a simple, lovely prayer by the candles. And there I admitted that I need to learn to get over my pride and selfishness at times... I need change in my life. I want to smile more. More than i used to. And so when I think of this prayer, I think of how lucky I am, and how many out there aren't.

"Lord, may this candle be a light,
for you to enlighten me in my difficulties and decisions.

May it be a fire
for you to burn out of me
all pride, selfishness and impurity.

May it be a flame
for you to bring warmth into my heart
towards my family, my neighbours, and
all those who meet me.

Through the prayers of the Mary Virgin
and Mother and St. Anthony. I place in
your care those I come
to pray for (especially.................)

I cannot stay long with you
in this church:
In leaving this candle
I wish to give you
something of myself

Help me to continue my prayer into
everything I do this day.

Amen"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.