Sunday 21 December 2014

Festive Feelings :: 8 :: Appreciating Your Friends & Family!


All year round we're busy bees, yet somehow at the busiest time of the year, we make the effort in telling the people that we care about how much they matter to us.
Christmas we know how hard it'll be in pushing ourselves to send pressies, cards, visiting the neighbors, meeting up with friends. We go out of our way because the rest of the year we don't have to explain ourselves. There are plenty of excuses!

I love Christmas for being the time to visit my family, neighbors and friends. Usually I visit my family in one day, travelling in the car with my mum. I give the Christmas cards to them and have a nice chat over tea and Christmas cake.
With friends it's a lot harder. Last year, I went for a meal with some of the old school friends and it was just lovely catching up on our lives. Sadly I won't meet them this year, but I hope they know that they're in my thoughts.
I managed to send each of them cards. Even though I'm in a different country, doesn't mean I can't send a simple card. What does it take? A short journey to the post office!!

Christmas is exciting for meeting people that you haven't seen in such a long period of time. It's an exciting time to get dressed up and show people that you don't just live in your work uniform, heeehee.

At least with these holidays, 'work' never has to be a subject on which to discuss. It's the time where you really want to forget about it. And pretend in a way that you're never going back.
The family aren't working, which means there doesn't have to be any stress in having to go to bed early. No one has to worry about there being any appointments. I myself have the pleasure in not having to wake up to the alarm!! Oh how that bugger annoys me! Seriously!

So remember your loved ones this Christmas. Ring them up and just talk about anything. Visit them by surprise with a bouquet of flowers and a card. You may just brighten their day. Give the time to show them that they're special to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.