Sunday 14 December 2014

Festive Feelings :: 1 :: Food & Hot Drinks!


Merry Christmas Everybody,

And so this is me, little old giggles of life doing blogmas. My sisterish-bestie EdelBelle! created this tag post last Christmas. For 12 days, she wrote what she enjoys most about this special time of year. So I thank her for tagging each and every one of us, but I was honored in her asking me personally ----- twitter that is, heehee. Feeling very special.

The rules
1. 12 blogs  each saying a favourite thing about Christmas.
2. A blog a day....so one blog everyday from when you begin.
3.Title wise its (Festive Feeling-'Insert favourite thing'). As for the picture each day, Edel had edited hers last year for everyday. So I will be using hers, but you can make your very own if you so wish.
4. And lastly Edels final rule was to have fun and get in the Christmas Spirit!!!



So, food!
I don't eat that much as I get full after only a few mouthfuls, but I do enjoy the taste of food.
There's the whole festive foods, such as my favourites mince pies. I remember laying them out for Santa with a glass of milk and two carrots for the reindeer's. Whenever Santa had some mince pies left over I would eat them, believing them to be special, bit like holy communion, haha! As a kid, that's how I saw it anyway.
Christmas cakes have already been stashed away in the press. I enjoy eating a slice with a cup of tea. The taste is strong, but the flavours are what Christmas is!
Then of course there's the Christmas dinner. Everyone usually has something like, turkey, goose etc. In my family for the past 20 years, it has always been turkey, ham, brussel sprouts, parsnips, broccoli, carrots, green beans or mushy peas, along with my favourite... cranberry sauce. Turkey sandwiches will then be breakfast, lunch  and dinner for the next few days.
After dinner we always have our traditional, Vienetta ice-cream (with either cake or jelly.) Christmas Day also includs our treats, Celebrations or Roses. My favouirte being Celebrations. Mmmm, malteasers... nice. Oh and finishing up on the advent calendars. Hey, I pat myself on the shoulder for whenever I complete it.

Drinks!!
This season, thankfully, I don't have to explain why I drink so many hot drinks. I won't get those confused looks I get in Summer. I love all sorts of teas, coffees, hot cocoas, lattés, mochas... it goes on!
Coffee shops, such as Starbucks and Costa have the festive cups as well, so when you go out shopping, you have the pleasure in carrying either a little snowman, reindeer or a Santa. Out of all the festive drinks, my absolute favourite would have to be the black forest hot chocolate from Costa and vanilla spiced latté from Starbucks. So my time recently has been spent in cafés, drinking a hot drink and writing down notes, in my diary or work journal, or perhaps reading or enjoying a good vlogmas from Jim Chapman.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.