Friday 19 December 2014

Festive Feelings :: 6 :: Snow - Making Christmas Special!


Having snow at Christmas just makes everything so magical, especially in countries where it doesn't happen often.

This year, however, I would prefer for it to delay a bit, as my family are travelling by plane and I don't want any problems.

Back home in Ireland though, living in the countryside, it can be so pretty. The Christmases that do have the magical snowflakes are usually the ones I mostly remember. There is one Christmas in particular that I can remember from when I was really young (believed in Santa at this stage) and I woke up on Christmas Day and went into my brothers bedroom, which was right beside mine. I woke him up and looked out his window and saw how all of the fields were absolutely covered in a deep blanket of snow. Having that as a surprise made the day even more special. That Christmas I had my Harry Potter books, which was the best gift that Santa ever gave me. Me and my brother had other family over that Christmas as well and we all went out in the snow and had snowball fights on the road at the bottom of the hill. They were the Christmases that I miss the most. Where my family all got on well together and made an effort for the day.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels as though snow has a magical affect on people. It may cause a lot of damage and be pretty damn cold, but all year long it's the same thing. Rain, wind and sun. I'm just happy that I still have that loving memory of that one wonderful Christmas.









Source: WeHeartIt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.