Monday 15 December 2014

Festive Feelings :: 2 :: Lights, Church, Family & Hope!


More than the majority of people love Christmas decorations, reason probably being that they're so pretty. I'm a person who gets bored quite easily with routines and the such, with seeing the same old buildings everyday, but come Christmas the towns are all lit up and decorated in celebration. We all wish that the lights would stay up forever, but then where would that leave us? We wouldn't have anything to look forward to throughout the year.

I love to give myself a goal and to achieve it. Mistakes is what I learn from and what I am thankful for. And Christmas is the goal where family is the center point of the holiday. I myself get excited about going to Mass on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, more so than the revealing of gifts. They're very much appreciated and valued, but it shouldn't be what matters. I get annoyed myself with seeing how the media, tv adverts and the likes are just portraying Christmas to people as a time for getting excited over gifts. You know what gets me excited? Just normal days out with family and friends. I'm that kid who picks up a toy for a few minutes then forgets about it the next.

Going to Church I see a whole community, full of families, no matter what sizes they are, come together to sing and pray. My brother says he doesn't pray, but he enjoys coming to be apart of something. It's nice to have tradition. Hearing the most wonderful hymns, such as my favourites; Silent Night, Oh Holy Night, The First Noel, Hallelujah and Panis Angelicus. They to me sound so magical. So yes, going to Carol Services is always a must every year. Back home in Ireland, on Christmas Eve, I go only for the music, beautifully lit candles and the peaceful atmosphere. Candles make me feel hopeful and uplifted. Sometimes I lay there at night, staring at the flame. Just meditating upon it and clearing my mind.
Lights give me hope, Church gives me hope and family gives me hope! I'm not a positive person but I am in a way a strong person. And one goal in my life is to hang on to whatever hope I have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.