Wednesday 12 March 2014

The Liebster Award | Nominated by Anna (from 'A whole lot of chitty chat') Part 1


Hello sugar canes (apologies lent is becoming extremely difficult to get by.)
I have recently been nominated by Anna from a whole lot of chitty chat for the Liesbter award. It's lovely how it had been her that nominated me. She is after all a blogging friend, and I'm getting to know her more and more through her blogs. So please go over to her and check her out. She really does write what matters to her and doesn't follow a crowd :)
This is just the first part of the liebster award. I have been nominated by another blogger so I will hopefully have that by this weekend.

The Rules are as followed -->
- Link back to the person that nominated you & answer the 11 questions which they have asked you on their blog post.

- Choose 11 people to nominate for the Liebster Award and let them know that they have been nominated. You can't choose the person who nominated you!

- Ask your chosen 11 nominees, questions.

- Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog.


1. If you could give one piece of advice to your teenage self what would it be?
I would tell my teenage-self to take more risks. As a child I was seen as the bold, mischievous girl who couldn't abide by the rules. But I was told that if I didn't learn to be responsible, I would have a hard time in the future. But I do miss my older self, someone who took chances without giving a care in the world what people thought. Now I feel put down whenever someone shushes me. So yeah, take chances and don't be afraid what others think!

2. Do you have any pick me ups & if so what is it/they?
Well, for me a pick me up is keeping distracted. And another is relaxing by the fire watching tv with the family with a cup of tea. I've started a new thing, where that when I feel down or gloomy, I'll turn the music right up and just start dancing. Letting it all go... No dirtiness intended there!

3. Who do you look up to the most in your life?
Well my Mum is a big part in it, but there are others, both women and men that have me inspired in what they do. There's certain people, like my Mum having the knowledge and experience of having a good, strong marriage. My two grand-mothers having their faith and optimism. My dad for having such loyalty for his family. My brother who has such a neutral opinion about things (he never picks sides.) My friend Edel being able to forgive, even in the most diffiicult of times. And then there's my friends in London, who all have different traits to themselves that I look up to. Bravery, confidence, trust and kindness. I have seen such great kindness over here in London that it has effectively changed my life.
 
4. What made you want to start blogging?
I'm the girl who has kept a journal ever since the age of 8. As a child it was for fun but as I got older I re-read them jourmals and found how much I changed. I was fascinated to how and why it had happened. What had I done differently? It was the people throughout the years that had changed me. These changes have been both good and bad in my life. Some people have pushed me to build my confidence, others have made it crumble.
I started blogging because I wanted something from my early adult life to remind me of how much I've grown and lived.

5. What made you call your blog the name it is?
It was previously called 'Michaela Maria', seeing as I had no idea what to call it. I wanted a name that I was sure of. A stamp to this blog, to give an idea to you readers what this blog is intended for. So I recently came up with 'The Giggles of Life'. I don't really ever use my 'REAL' laugh. And when I do I smile to myself, happy to be happy. I was know as smiley to my family when I was younger. But growing up I gradually lost that happiness. Just by seeing the realistic life that is out there. But being in London, I'm smiling more and more. And learning more to what helps make me smile.

6. Would you ever give creating YouTube videos a go?
I would love the idea of making You Tube videos but now my life is at a point where I'm far too busy. Even if I was the type to go out to night clubs, I'm far too tired from College, my part-time job and babysitting. I feel as though I'm an old woman. My thought for relaxation is coming home, tea (never without it), watching a favourite show/ film, singing & playing guitar.

7. What is your favourite thing to do on a day off?
I've done a blog with a question related to this one. So that answer will suffice for part of this question. And another would be to meet up with friends that have me laughing and feeling great with myself. I love to spend time in cinemas, cafes, 

8. How long have you been blogging for?
Since May 5th 2013 @ 00:10, I think? Heehee :) Not really that long. I have a tendency to write blogs at night. Quietest time for me you see. 

9. Have you ever been to a blog meet up?
No, but I really do want to meet some of my blogging friends. They sound so lovely. Maybe one day it will happen. I do hope to go to one of Tanya Burrs meetups.

10. What is the best thing about living where you live?
I no longer live with my parents and brother. So living in Barnet, London (since September) is having me take responsibilities with money and my life, which a great thing about living there. I also live in a town which has pretty much everything I need. I get to take the tube which is 40 mins away from London itself. Looking forward to Summer when I'll be making weekly trips.

11. If you could be a fly on the wall in someones house who would it be?

Haaaa, well I wouldn't like the idea on prying in other peoples lives, so I would like to be a fly in a zoo. I'd like to know, at night, whether they all come out like 'Madagascar'... I can dream can't I!

My 11 Nominees are -->

A Mad Hatter's Tea Party

A Design Rookie

BeautyLifeMichelle

Celias Antics

Dreaming Again

EdelBelle!

Jamie Fleetwood

Lisette Loves

SpottySunflowers

The Peculiar Joint

Wonderful You

My questions for ye are -->
1) Say the most random sentence you can think of.

2) What is the best childhood memory you have?

3) Do you have an artist/ band that you've been addicted to in the last while?

4) Who is the person you most look up to in your life?

5) Which country would you most love to see and why?

6) What do you enjoy most to blog about?

7) Who is your favourite blogger and why?

8) Do you have plans/ ideas on what to do this summer?

9) Share a secret that you haven't told anyone before (it can be as strange as, "I can burp the ABC's" if you want).

10) What are you addicted to? (certain food, hobby, interest, etc)

11) For someone who is just starting to blog, what piece of advise can you give them? (From your own experience)


So guys, I hope you enjoyed this very late post. I am sorry. It's just that I've been occupied with stupid girl drama in college (yes, you can imagine). Things being said about people, disrespect, friendships. Anyway I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll see things more clearer and get a chance to write about what has been troubling me. A post on keeping things buried in.

Thanks for your peeps for this post,

Love ya x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.