Thursday 31 July 2014

Thankful Thursday

A little tbt for ye guys... just a few days back I had a lovely day out with my bestie.
I just love how the lighthouse in the back is popping up on the horizon.

I have abandoned you fellow peeps for the excuse of not getting things done on time. I procrastinate a fair bit lot you see, especially when I don't have such demanding things such as work or assignments to do.

So, my 'Thankful Thursday' includes

Having a weird Mother
Every parent embarrasses their child, but for me I've become a little proud of the strangeness she carries with herself. Last week, we were sitting out by the river with cones, looking at the boats, next thing she mutters something about the toilet. An hour passes and still she hasn't returned. I have an old couple sitting beside me. She then comes back and remarks something like, "Oh I see you've made some friends!" That is her humour sadly (even though I don't laugh)

Day out with Edel
We took a brisk walk on the beach, saw 'Walking on Sunshine' in the cinema (Edel has sworn she will find the main guy in the movie... Italian you see), and during the movie, Edel was sighing whenever he came on screen, with a mischievous smirk as though she was planning on kidnapping the fella. You seriously don't want to know what we talk about during a movie. We end up creating our own script!

House chores & BBQs
I had the sun on my back while I painted the front garden wall and the pleasure of a refreshing shower afterwards. I actually can't picture myself having a desk job. I'll need a job that requires practical work. I hate being bored. I get frustrated with it. And by the end of the day, coming home from the hospital, I'll feel happy to return to a bed, a bath, a steaming cup of tea... just thankful that I have these simple, joyous things to come home to.

Yoga
This week I have been moving a lot. I bought a pair of new sports leggings, so I don't want them to go to waste. In the mornings, I'm mostly alone. So the house is quite, great time for a long session of yoga. I find that it's great for my back. Wah hey, I'm 21 years of age and I suffer from backaches! I blame the 100 year old bed... Haa! But I'm happy for the me time I get in the morning. Bad mood swings come with my personality package and yoga really helps.

Movies & 'Bones' marathons
Every night I've watched all kinds of movies. I unwind and forget where I am when I see another story being told. My brother is always interested in how I rate movies. He says I'm quite harsh with my decisions. Let me know what your utmost favourite movie is :)

I have such a love for acting, directing, the work that goes behind writing the script. It would be a job I would love to have, to produce, but you need a lot of talent and luck for that in this world.
I've managed to get to Season 8 of my 'Bones' collection. David Boreanaz (Booth) is-a-god! And Emily Deschannel! I love how she portrays her character. I see her as the female Sherlock.
I got my love for movies from my Dad and my Nan. And I feel like it's a special thing to have. Talking about the greats from the black and white times and the scores through a film.

Shells Cafe
We've been putting it off since I've been back from England and last Sunday we actually went. I felt so chirpy when I sat down with my cake & hot cocoa. I thank god for my parents, for having good, stable jobs and for being able to afford leisure's such as these. They know I appreciate it, through helping out in the house work, and taking care of my younger cousins.

Choir Group
 The people that are in it are so welcoming and friendly. I find it so strange how you don't see many young people in choirs anymore. It's a great thing to be able to help out in the community.

 I've been gone 2 weeks, so this will go towards my absence.
Thanks for reading lovies, and be sure to let me know what you've been thankful for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.