Friday 11 July 2014

Thankful Thursday

Source: Pinterest

Hello lovely petals,

10 days of being back in Ireland, does not seem real!
I wake up in the morning feeling as though it's a dream.
There's no noise, no fuss... I think of all the stress I was dealing with back in England. Not bad stress, just the sufficient amount that a 21 year old should be dealing with. But being here, at home, I think how it's SO different.
I had a lovely week, especially time spent with my Parents and visiting the neighbours and family.

Thankful Thursday

- Time spent with Dad, such as having breakfast during the weekend at his Aunts Café, watching a fight in the pub (with him trying to break it up, extremely entertaining for me) & going to the local village races.

- Cleaning my room!
It took me days to come around to doing it!

- Having Edel over at my place.
Night time strolls, an episode of 'Downton Abbey' and chatting till 6am.

- Cinema: '22 Jump Street'
I loved the humour, the music, the guys! And me being a crazy DVD collector (seriously I have trouble with knowing where to fit the lot in/on my shelf) will definitely be getting this second installment to stand up against '21 Jump Street'

- Evenings spent with Mum, having lattés in pubs and cafés after a bit of Mother-daughter shopping time.

- Box set Marathons!
It's only been ten days like I said and yes, I've already gone crazy with the movies and tv shows. I watched seasons 3 & 4 of 'Gilmore Girls', seasons 8 & 9 of 'Bones', season 1 of 'Sherlock'... I sound as though I'm a lunatic. I've gone to bed quite late (4am) everyday so that may have something to do with it... maybe!

- Great news!
My head tutor emailed me, on congratulating me that I passed everything in my course. I'm very much like Channing Tatum in '21 Jump Street', with being a person that has half a brain. So for me it was all luck, open mouths of confusion and shock... basically I sat there looking at the email, making sure that it was correct.

- Choir practice with Mum.
Going to mass every Sunday sounds daunting for some people, but there I feel closer to my Gran. When I read the scripture at the alter, I imagine my Gran sitting where she always had every Sunday, for the last 19 years or so. I love both of my churches for its familiarity and its peaceful affect that it seems to give off on me. Singing with no microphones, with just the voices and instruments echoing throughout the chapel. We're singing this Sunday, and it will be difficult! Why? Mum sings like a country singer, so most of the time I'm laughing!

- Easter Eggs.

- Meal with old school friends, Chinese :)

- 99 cones (even though they're pretty damn expensive).

- Sitting out on the bench with tea and the sun rays on my face.

I'm expecting a lot of lovely things this coming week. Family day outings (gonna have some fun on my camera that my Grand daddy gave me), and I'm expecting some family over next Thursday, so that'll be nice.

How did your week go if I may ask?

Thanks for reading lovies,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.