Thursday 29 May 2014

Thankful Thursday

Source: We heart it



I really don't know whether my week will interest you. Nothing exciting really, just plain old giving in last module assignments and working  A LOT of shifts. Working half days I think is perhaps the worst as you dread the beginning of the day. I feel as though I don't have enough time to do what I want.
But since it is summer mid-term break over here in the UK, I at least have my chance to get some money earned for the summer. It's the reason why I smile at work, cos it's not a death sentence being there. I see people sulking around wanting to go home. They should be happy that they have a job at all, and with good pay.

So what I've been thankful for...

Being able to earn money for this coming summer. Not to be badgering Mum for it heehee.

New blog design by Edel... cheers Edel, it's amazeballs. I love how the house on the hill reminds me of my home back in Ireland, placed on top of a great hill with a view of the Sligo mountains.

More pressies - some beauties such as revlon lipbutter in strawberry shortcake, a Next Nail set and lastly on Saturday I was surprised by a parcel at my door. My friends in Ireland all bought me a lovely Pandora bracelet, with a 21 charm, a bar of Milka chocolate bar (they know me so well), a collage photo & a card. I do love the sterling silver bracelet. So beautiful.

I'm thankful for knowing the wonderful mother Linda in my class. She reminds me of my mum so much. She's happy and uplifting to be around. Her infectious laugh has me in stitches all the time. I admire how she handles her stress. So, naturally, I sit with her in the library, hoping her stability will rub off on me.

Getting to listen to my bestie Edels voice. I haven't heard her singing in such a long time and I miss her funky music.

Having a nice chat with mum on the house phone with a cupcake and a pot of tea.

Costa time with my little cousin 'Coco' as I call her, with her chocolate brown eyes. Me with my caramel iced latte and her with her trying-to-be-grown-up baby chino.


I have only 3 weeks (not counting this week as it's almost up, plus it sounds much better) until I'm on the plane back to Ireland. I'm taking each day as it comes but my heart is thumping for the yearning of getting back to my home. Of getting to see the beautiful scenery, and seeing my new lambs... so cute. Oh and seeing my brother with his curly red head. Poor lambs think he's one of them.

Thanks for reading.
I imagine next Thursday I'll be all hyped up, getting closer to departure :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.