Wednesday 14 May 2014

My Holiday to Mauritius | Part 1 ( The Beaches)


It's taken me ages to sort out these pictures of my recent trip to Mauritius (Ile Maurice), over 400 of them. So I have planned out a series of parts, first up the beaches of Mauritius.

It was perhaps one of the most laziest, luxurious things to do. You just had to grab your kindle, your ipod and just lay down in the sun.
I had a routine with lying out, scorching to death, run into the sea/pool, bring camera while collecting shells on the beach.


As you can see, the ocean was so clear and the perfect shade of blue.


This beach was a private one, belonging to the Plantation Hotel.
It was a lovely hotel, with it's volleyball tournaments, pool parties and sega nights (Sega - Mauritian style dancing)
I loved this beach. We got to go paddling and got plenty of free drinks at the mini bar on the beach.  



There was a waterfall near the beach as well, along with men fishing along the stream. I thought this was a lovely little place, just to have some alone time. Very peaceful setting, don't you think?


This is one of the funniest things that my family does. We go to other other hotels that are beside ours. This one was just across the stream from the one we were staying at. If you can squint your eyes, you can see my little cousin wearing a shower cap. She likes being different! So you can imagine the embarrassment her mother had to face when she walked in that hotel.




There's a reason why I took this photo. In the water there was this family; young parents with a 2 year old daughter and a disabled 11 year old daughter. They were staying at the same hotel as us for the 2 nights. And every evening I would see them at dinner. At first all I could think of was, "Their relationship must be tested to the extreme point with having that much stress." But looking at them, they were so happy. The husband adored his 2 daughters and would give a quick peck on his wife's cheek as he would play with the 2 year old. One night the parents were out dancing, as though they were this new lovey-dovey couple. Even knowing the stress they were going through, I couldn't help but feel a somewhat envy from this family. It was their faith and optimism that really shined through their happiness.
I was just happy that they were like shadows in the ocean, so I could snap a quick shot of them. This picture of the family, out of the hundreds of pictures is a favourite of mine.


Having a sunset every evening made this time even more valuable. When in Hertfordshire am I ever going to get such a sunset like these again!



We went on a glass-bottom boat. Looking at all the fishies and corals. We even had a chance to go snorkeling, jumping from the boat and diving under.


My cousin and her dad collecting shells. It's one of the loves they share. Having a fascination for nature and life. Both share interests such as cooking and gardening as well. With my dad, it's music, music, movies, music, certain foods, history, chocolate, meat & potatoe pie, sci-fy movies and tv shows & music again.
My dream job would be a singer. My dads, a music manager. 



This was a little island 15 minutes from the east coast of Mauritius.
It was as though I had stepped into a dream. I'd never seen the sand so gold before, or the water so clear. It was as though there were diamonds in the water. Ooooh SPARKLY!

We brought back some starfish as well. All the time I was picturing the starfish from 'Finding Nemo', haahaa :) 


I have two more parts belonging to this holiday mini post series. This blog after all is for memories. And I'd love to share them with you.

I'm planning on doing the next post (Part 2) on the places I went to around Mauritius.

If any of you that have traveled, what was your favouite holiday and what were the highlights?

Cheers for reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.