Friday 9 May 2014

Thankful Thursday | Flights booked & friendships

 TBT- Ile aux Cerf, little island off the east coast of Mauritius.

This week I had the pleasure of becoming 21. So in my opinion birthdays should last a full week. The birthday banners and balloons are still up and I just finished the cake yesterday.
My birthdays aren't as great as they used to be since my gran isn't around and she would be the person that would buy the cake. I do feel sad with not celebrating my birthdays as I should be doing. YOLO!

I also got the chance in buying a cupcake in the excuse of it being my 1st Bloganniversary.

I had been feeling quite lousy at the beginning of the week, with my lack of vitamin D that I miss from Ile Maurice, along with going to a home that doesn't feel like home. I miss my room and my piano so much. I miss being able to sing with having not to worry about being be too loud around the neighbors.
I had my friends at college, my acquaintances at work and my parents and grand-parents to help me forget about my left-to-my-dark-thoughts-sadness and distract me with private jokes, old stories from long ago and exciting things to look forward to.

The week ended with my grand-parents sending me a cheque and a sweet note for my birthday, my brother organising my flight for back home, news that my special unicorn friend having a surprise b-day gift in the post office and oh what else? Oh yes my deciding what University I want to go to. I've made up my mind.
The only thing left is to arrange accommodation for next year.

thankful thursday

- Waitrose snack shopping with college buddies.

- Bright Red Barry M Nails.

- Birthday cake, Chinese, pressies and skype call to family.

- A year of blogging fulfilled. I actually kept up with it. So thankful that I did.

- Woodland walkies. Never even knew they were here.

- My daddy: he sent me a message after chatting to him, that he misses me *tearing up*

- Freebies: Waitrose hot drinks before college with a pastry. Felt very grown up actually being able to run errands in the morning before college.

- Planning my trip home to Dublin & then to Edinburgh, to see my family that I haven't seen in approx 6 years.

- Receiving my final and most wanted offer for University. Nervousness followed by jumping on the spot, dancing, followed by crying. It was an exciting time for me.

- Having my friends to talk to. I felt soooo unbelievably grateful to have them over the week. Giving me advice and listening to me talk about my worries and opinions. Love u Peachy :) x

- Thankful for pjs, hot cocoa, sleep, pain killers (didn't want to be in agony at work), my phone, my ipod and relaxed couch potatoe moments with my 3 episodes of Sense & Sensibility.

My mum told me this evening she's happy that I have a place in Uni. I know it's supposed to be the kid that's happy in the end, but she wants me to pick a place I'll like, so she's the perfect mother in other words. She doesn't want me to choose a job that she sees fitting, she wants me to choose it. 

How's everyone been this week? Any ideas what you'll be doing this summer? Only a few more weeks left.

Thanks for reading,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.