Sunday 18 May 2014

A Ramble Round London & a New Travel Journal

I love trips to London, especially when I get little things I like.

I stayed Friday night with my lovely American/British friend Jaz in London and we set out the next day (her 19th Birthday) looking for boots and making a trip to King's Cross.
She has never been and well come on! Who doesn't want to go to the Harry Potter Gift shop?


My friend Jaz has this Pikachu bag and she gets noticed all the time.
Not only does she get noticed but she seems to have this strange luck about her. I'm not sure whether the luck is good or bad. For instance, when we were walking along Oxford Street, there was this little car (picking up rubbish) coming along the pathway. Now did she move? No, it was as though she were in slow motion just staring at it coming for her. She then said 'Sh*t', in front of someones face as well. The lady just stared at her, so funny!


Things have got more expensive here in this shop at Kings Cross, but it didn't stop me from buying some little purchases.

AGAIN, Jaz was noticed for her bag pack. We were asked by some chirpy staff member whether we wanted to line up and get our picture taken, with the Platform 9 &3/4 wall, along with having Pikachu in the cage. You can barely see, but Hedwig is there.
I couldn't wear Harrys glasses as I am in Slytherin House. But hey, I'm proud of it :)

After we had our photos taken, the staff that worked there all jumped in for a photo with Pikachu. It was hilarious!
If you don't want to buy anything at the shop, it really doesn't matter. Just go along for the look and meet the friendly staff that work there.



Bought a bit of stationary in the shop.


I was thinking how people who have this kind of job, how do they get to work? The train? Bus?
I can't imagine this lady painting herself when she arrives.
She probably gets a lot of people staring at her on the tube, wouldn't she? Heehee.


Came across this place. It was very difficult to get even one picture. One old guy kept trying to photo bomb the shot... Like GET OUT OF THE WAY WOULD YA!



A bit of street entertainment, along with a blue cock. Nothing normal much in London.


My lovely Irish flag was in the back :D


I myself am a Harry Potter & Disney fan, and my friend is all Anime.
She loves this shop, TokyoToys in Piccadilly Circus.



At first I thought it wasn't the Disney shop seeing this. Thought it was some place else *COUGH*



Seeing Star Wars in the Disney shop was a little strange, but look at Chewy! I want him so much, but he's £20 sadly!



I think Jaz and I stepped in here not even for a minute, and she ran out straight away. As you know, perfume and cosmetics everywhere. It probably was not a reaction you see from a person leaving Selfridges. She fell out of the building, choking from the smell. It made me laugh anyway.


I bought her a little Hedwig keyring from King's Cross. IT'S SO FLUFFY, she'd say.


I wanted this straight away when I saw it.
I've been looking around for a book that will make do as a travel journal.




The pages inside are all different. They even contain lovely little pictures of old buildings, quotes and nature.

When the day was coming to an end, Jaz and I came up with a little game. In the tube station, we sat on the long escalator with no one on our side. And with people going up the opposite direction we'd start meowing. They of course were looking around wondering where the cats were. Then as we were coming to end of the escalator we'd jump up and shriek like a cat. Everyone was staring (not sure whether they laughed) but we couldn't stop ourselves from laughing. I think we may have meowed the whole way back to the house as well. There were Arsenal supporters everywhere, so we were meowing outside the pubs. Some guy stared at me but I pointed at my friend, "That was NOT me!"

I hope you liked this little random post.
I'm not sure when I'll be posting another, as my laptop looks as though it's going to die. Seriously! The battery I think has come to an end. So if you don't get any Maruitius Holiday posts (part 2...) it's because of my laptop dying with all the photos in it.
But don't worry, I'll be home in Ireland by June/July so I'll manage to get a laptop somehow and post them memories up for you all :)

I am currently writing this post out in the sunshine. It's about time we've had some good weather.

Cheers to you peeps for your time. And apologies for the blurry pictures, they were taken by my phone, so...

Only a few more weeks till the holz, WHOO HOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.