Sunday 8 September 2013

Making Choices & Taking Chances

This Pic was found on Pinterest

Hey my lovely peeps :)

Can you believe it's September? Sure Christmas will be here in no time and well, I'm not complaining. I love Christmas...
Something new has happened to me, and it's a life changing decision that I've only recently made. I had been given the option to do Nursing in Ireland, which is where I was born and raised. But I chose to fulfill it in London instead. I had a choice, and it was extremely difficult to make. But the choice was always up to me, not my family. And I never realized that I had to just pluck up the courage and speak out. Just to stand my ground and say "I've made my choice, and I'm going to London."

I did weigh the Pros and Cons for either side, for staying at home and for studying in London. And problems occurred like travel, money, hobbies, opportunities. And there is more opportunities in England for me. I can at least try to reach some of my goals over there. In making new friends, joining music and drama societies and charity organisations, with becoming fit and healthy by joining different clubs. Back home I wouldn't have the transport I need to attend any facilities or clubs. And it's more difficult to get into the Music industry back home as well.

I'm 20 years old and I think I should be away from everything I know. I need to see what else is lurking out there. I may gain back that confidence that was drawn from me over the years. And I may find that person who once laughed at pretty much anything, that person who didn't stress over silly things in life.

I liked this picture down below from Pinterest because it just seemed to fit everything I was thinking about when I started writing this post. "Go confidently in the direction of your Dreams, live the life you've imagined."
I am confident enough with going to London, in starting a new course, in meeting people. And my dream may not sound amazing, but I don't want just one single dream in my life. I want loads. In my last year of Nursing I want to travel to Africa to take care of sick kids, I want to see how far I can go with my Music, I want to meet that special, (someways-cocky and arrogant) guy who will know me and love all the good and the bad (God help him! Heavy emphasis on the bad), I want to travel, I want one of those big, loud families, (not Brady Bunch type, God I'd feel as though I was in prison watching that movie).
Anyway, these 'wants' of mine are actually dreams. So maybe with this little starting point in London might just be the beginning for me. Fingers-crossed hey?

This Pic was found on Pinterest

I do hope that those of you that are out there searching for your dreams, just make a choice.
That one single choice may just be the push you need. Fear takes everything away. But you just got to speak out, (not yell) and say what you think and feel. It may sound corny and sappy in someway when that moment comes, but the message will get across. I'm a girl who is a glass half-empty-type and well if this kind of miracle can happen to me, well, it can happen to pretty much anyone else.

So today in fact, I'm taking the 18:55pm flight to London. And I start my first day at College tomorrow. Like it's all coming so fast already. Your thinking, "Doesn't this girl ever sleep?" Yeeeees, it's late and I'm stupid, but I'm happier when I'm sleep deprived. I'll let ya know whether I fall asleep mid way through a conversation with a lecture ;) It's happened before.

I love you all so much, and thank you, thank you, thank you for reading my every-single-sleep-deprived-thought blog post, heehee :)

Lots of Luv,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.