Thursday 6 March 2014

Thankful Thursday | Peoples Opinions



Hiya guys, I just wanted to show you some of my pictures from Instagram over the last week.

This picture was taken while I sat out in the sun at the local park.
I took out my book and skinny vanilla spiced latte and sat out on the bench.

Just having the sunshine back makes me happy. Oh how I've missed it!








As you can see from each of these pictures I was looking for peace and quiet. Just anyway to relax. Tea, candle and reading in the park. The main highlight of the week was not exactly drama as such but learning more about people and becoming shocked.

Friends you make judgments behind your back and have categorized you as a certain type of person really don't deserve the friendship that's been given to them.

In all honesty I could cry and winge and become very angry like a little angry garden gnome but what is the point. It won't make the situation any better.


So today I was sent an email from Lauren Formosa (that's right sheepy your name is visible to all :D)
She has become such an amazing friend to me over here. She makes me laugh, and feel inspired with her unbelievable confidence. Seriously the girl will not care what others will think, she lets it out! Amazing! (her very own catch phrase, heehee). So not only am I feeling down by the silly girly silent treatments but so has Lauren. She sent this email today, relevant to what has been happening.
Inner Spacethought for today
image 1

People's Opinion of You

Everything about you speaks volumes to others.  And everyone is going to have an opinion about you.  You can't stop people having their opinion, but what you do with those opinions is entirely up to you.

Are you going to let it bother you, be offended, worry about it, do something to change their opinion...? How are you going to handle people's opinion of you?

VISIT WEBSITEFORWARD ONUNSUBSCRIBE   
Inner Space Website

How am I going to handle these opinions people have on me? Well first off, we're supposed to have a big discussion about our feelings and opinions tomorrow with our head tutor... Oooh will there be tears, shouting or will there be forgiveness? Who knows but I myself will sit back and hear what everyone has to say. I plan on keeping it cool and just ignoring what has happened in the last few weeks. I'm only going to be here for another 4-5 months so my aim is to respect everyone, no matter how they act. I'm going to meet people who will be difficult to get on with. And I will have to get used to taking peoples bullshit.

So on to the little things that managed to make me happy throughout the week.

Thankful Thursday

Honesty to friends

Coffee, Barrys Tea, hot chocolate (with my usual huge amounts of cream) and skinny vanilla spiced lattes

Me time - cafes, parks, libraries, gym

Being overpaid for babysitting

Interview and offer received from a University

McDonalds

Kinder Bueno Bar (last one before lent... long difficult journey)

Oscars - Who doesn't love Ellen!

Reading in the bath

I'm grateful for even though my family over here are miserable from school and work, my parents are happy. They love life more and more it seems. Their best-friend, soul mate, cringy relationship is something of which that I do hope to achieve someday.

And lastly, having the sunshine back in my life. It forces the corners of my mouth to transform into a smile. That kind of power makes me happy knowing I can always depend on the sun when it comes out.

Thank you so much guys for reading.
I will have another post up for tomorrow sometime hopefully.
I promise you there won't be any more moaning from Moaning Martel here :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.