Friday 28 March 2014

Thankful Thursday | Hang on to what makes you smile

"When you're Happy for No Reason, you bring happiness to your outer experiences rather than trying to extract happiness from them. You don't need to manipulate the world around you to try to make yourself happy. You live from happiness, rather than for happiness." 

- Marci Shimoff


So until I fall asleep it's still Thursday. This is the stubborn, tired me talking right now.
I've been looking at his laptop for ages, just trying to think what exactly I was grateful for this week. Not exactly a good thing when I've been staring at this screen for a few hours.

This week flew by, delighted for it, but I feel as though I don't want to rush through this time spent in London, thinking 'when will it be all over!'
I found at the beginning of the year that I was excited to get to college and dive straight in, but now things have changed. It's as though the curtain has been pulled and people are portrayed to as to whom they are.Which is perfectly fine, I don't ever want to change anyone, but to me, I've been left feeling a tad bit disappointed. You think you may know a person but when you discover that they don't carry the values that matter in a friendship, such as trust, loyalty, respect, understanding and kindness, then you feel as though that bond of friendship has been broken.

I'm lucky to have the people that are able to make me smile. Especially when it's a real, true smile.

What else made me smile this week?
- Purchases in Lush

- Cousins cuddles

- Work... that's right this was actually the highlight of the week! I must have been drugged!

- Cinema | 'A Long Way Down' (I want to find a friend like Jesse... amazing character)

- Blaring my guitar while having the house to myself

- Fish & chips

- Waitrose card | Muh free hot drinks... cos it matters!

- Exclamation marks (some reason they make me smile) !!!!!!!!!!!

- Hot water bottles are baaaaaack.
I'm seen like a total idiot singing "Mr. Sun, please shine down on me" everyday waiting for the bus. Then just getting on the bus extremely p***ed off! "FINE.... BE THAT WAY!"

- Cocoa Butter Formula

- Skype | Feeling grateful for having a bestie like I do. Don't know what I'd do without Edel. Even with the Irish Sea between us, we're close.

- My parents | For telling me not to worry about the simple things in life and knowing that I can depend on them for anything

- The Voice | When Jermain Jackman starts singing, that's it, I'm just in awe. We need more singers like him.

- Having toes ;)
What would I do if I didn't have them? Well first off I wouldn't be able to paint them... tres harsh! Oh yeah.... and walk, that would be the second problem

- Naps with listening to music

- Little moustache eraser, gift from my British rum chum (the rubber however is dangerous... it smells great and it's sharp) Peachy... you have explaining to do!

- Having amazing, wise tutors | 'The pirate' and 'Jezer'! Obviously no names will be mentioned, but judging from their nicknames, one is a more gangser type Captain Jack Sparrow. And the other is our classes Jeremy Kyle. Feel blessed to have their wisdom, knowledge and humour


- Rimmel Match Perfection foundation

Ladies and gents do let me know on what made you smile this week.
Sometimes we let our minds wander onto things that shouldn't be stressed upon. And daunting on things really does make you see more negativity than what really matters. If there's just a moment of insanity or of utter randomness that makes you smile, hang on to it. Just embrace that feeling because it's difficult to ever hold on to such happiness. It's a cruel world out there with a hidden beauty. It's just occasionally we'll get a peak into seeing that beauty and when we do, we feel so grateful to have it.

If you've reached this far in this post it means you have incredible patience and are actually able to understand most of what I wrote... Congrats!
Thanks for your eyes :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.