Thursday 9 January 2014

Thankful Thursday | First Week Back to England

Credit by 'Pinterest'

Hello hello hello... one, two, one two...
I hope the week back isn't too stressful for ye guys. Piles of work from School/College, family, it can feel so heavy when it's thrown right back at us again. Straight after the Christmas holidays.
I think after the holidays we always think to ourselves, "God, I took them two weeks for granted!"
I guess I could have stayed at home more, to come to think of it. I spent most of my time out shopping, visiting relatives and friends and of course cinema trips. I went four times to the cinema. So that is one thing about me, I LOVE MOVIES! Like I watch so much telly, it isn't right!
I saw 'The Hobit; The Desolation of Smaug". Far better than the first one. I also went to see 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty'. I was so surprised to how good it actually was. I usually think Ben Stiller is only okay in movies, but this one was, he was really good. He wasn't the American version of Hugh Grant in this film, you know the awkward, embarrassing, always-making-a-fool-of-himself-kind-of-guy. So yes, do go and see it! Then I saw 'Anchorman 2'. Brilliant because... come on, Brick Tamland. If you haven't seen any of the two movies, Brick is just that strange, stupid, zoned out guy... you would so love him! And lastly I saw 'Frozen' for the second time. I had to see it with my little cousin because as she loves Disney movies, I knew well this would go right into her top list... along with 'Pocahontas', BOOYAH! So in the end she told me that "Next Halloween I'm dressing up as Elsa and you can be Anna!" Fine with me, I do have the Anna mug from the Disney store after all.

 'Winter Wonderland'

 I miss the lights so much. London truly go all out.

 One of me best mates. Cillian is now my constant go-to for Snapchat.

 Me and Katie get on so much better than we used tom when we were in Secondary School. Really shows how each of us has changed over the last two years.

All pictures credited to me.

Thankful Thursday

- Getting to spend time with my old school friends from Secondary School. We all went for a Chinese together and then off to the pub. I don't drink but it was lovely to be out, catching up over what's been happening in our lives. So strange how grown-up we've actually become.

- Catching up (like days, not hours) with Edel, my greatest chummy. We had our traditional, childish, lovely sleepovers. Meaning popcorn, movies, walks in the countryside, laughing, being random and chatting till 5am.

- Watching 'Sherlock' season 3 with my Dad and brother. I am the HUGEST fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. Not only is he great in 'Sherlock' and 'The hobbit', but 'Star Trek; Into Darkness' definitely went up in my top 3 Sci-fy movies.

- Chatting to Anna from 'a whole lot of chitty chat' and Sinead from 'Dreaming Again'.
We are never off Twitter. Seems to be a habit/problem, heehee :) But I do love our little chats. I do hope though one day we'll all be able to meet up. Maybe broaden our friendship, very much like 'Sprinkle of Glitter' and 'Zoella'.

- Getting a few Christmas presents over here in London. I got a bottle of perfume, a coffee pot maker, Brazilian coffee, toffee sweets with a cute set of tongs to put them on a plate and a beautiful short length scarf.

- My new love, 'Twinings Chamomile and Spiced Apples, tea' with a teaspoon of manuka honey. Really helps me get a great night sleep. Plus I've been told by one of my friends that it's good for not only stress but acne and period pains as well. Just the thing I need.

- Meeting my friends after the long break. Getting hugs and 'welcome backs'. Really put a smile on my face.

- Another thing to be thankful for this week, is that I have no work for the duration of this week. I'll be starting back next week, so I get time to finish up on a lot of assignments and enjoy my night in on Sunday with dear old Sherlock. Season finale, so it's a biggy :)

- University invites. I was so happy to have heard back from this particular one. I won't say what it is, not sure if I can online? But me and a good few of my friends will be taking the tests at the end of January. So we won't be alone, or scared. As my friend Robyn said yesterday, "We'll hold hands and skip off merrily to our exam. We'll be on our way to failure or success." Either way we'll be there for the journey. Together.

- Having the library. Even though there are some strange weirdos in this particular library I go to, I do know exactly where all the books I need access to are. Plus I love staring up at the ceiling, with it's pretty wooden beams.

So that's all everyone. It was/is a busy week, but I seem to be settling back in quite nicely.

Next week however, will be so stressful I may forget to put up a 'Thankful Thursday' post, just to let ye know. I highly doubt that there's anyone out there on a Thursday morning counting down the minutes, "Where's Michaels post?" Heehee :D

Thank you so much guys for reading and I do hope in the next number of weeks to read up on my followers blogs. I would like to get to know ye better. That way, build our blogging community further and further.

Lots of crazy luvin'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.