Tuesday 7 January 2014

2014 | New Year Resolutions - Bring It On!

Credit: Pinterest

Hello my blog-reading lovers :) I can only assume that you are all missing the holidays... because I most certainly am. The cozy sleep-ins, watching the telly constantly and of course having family and friends around.
I'm back in London now. Another semester. Another year.

2014... looking at it 2-0-1-4 it looks pretty.
Last year I never really recalled making any resolutions. I was stressed out by my Grand-mother becoming ill and my unbelievable non-stop-drinking-smelling-like-smoke-tan-and-p*** housemates, so there was no hope for me really. I kept to myself a lot. But this year seems different. I've already attacked some of the things on my list. I have more independence now, new friends and this may sound pathetic/strange, whatever way you put it... but I think that the teenage depression is now gone! Thank heavens for that! Over here in London, I don't really eat as much chocolate as I used to, so that may be the reason why I've been beating the blues.

So this week I had been thinking on what hopes I have for the New Year. The year that is 2014. And I thought of a few, that would be just lovely to accomplish.

2014 New Year Resolutions

- Using my diary more often
For everything, Course work, working shifts (instead of scribbling it down on my hand and forgetting it the next day), exercise, appointments and including my blog posts.

- Becoming more healthy and fit
I am quite fit but as always there's room to improve. I think I see any sort of sweet as though it's the last one on earth. And I really need to get out of that habit. When you think about it Easter will be soon here. So I can then, happily dive into a fountain of chocolate.
I've also started drinking a lot of herbal teas and am enjoying them immensely. So I have that standing in for the Starbucks mint hot-chocolates. They will be sadly missed.

- Finding new Authors and books
I have most definitely distanced myself away from the books altogether. And to be honest, I don't know why. I did get a bit carried away with the tv shows, buying box-sets and box-sets :D
So it's time to dust my Kindle off and add a few new books. Also if any of you have any names please do let me know in the comments.

- Saving up
I have a problem with spending. I could have so much money and get over-excited and spend the lot on toothpicks, nah... it would be on clothes, my Oyster card and my College Starbucks. Damn you for being so delicious!
And I really need to save every penny I can find because in April I'll be going to Mauritius. It will be my first ever holiday to an actual HOT country... for twenty days.... Eeeeek, I'm so excited. By the way Mauritius is a small island beside Madagascar, which is beside Africa. I'll be peeling like an onion when I get over there.

- Bringing back some of my older, happier self into my life
I do miss the person that I was before. I laughed a lot more. Enjoyed life a whole heck more. And I was a lot more confident. So I'm not sure yet on how I'll be able to do it, but I think one way that would benefit would be from meeting new friends.

- Giving my 100% effort
I've never really ever put my best effort into anything really. For example, I remember taking an exam when I was about 16 and I did pretty much ALL the studying the night before. I came out with a 74%, now imagine if I had put the effort in it! I'd be a lot more happier...anyway.

Well that's them all. I was going to add 'dying my hair', but there's silly reasons why I feel like waiting. So maybe another time.

I do hope that by the end of the year... imagine! December 2014, HAA! Well I hope that I will put up a post of what ACTUAL resolutions I accomplished. See if you think about it, I'll be 21 this year! Yeah, 21! And if I don't accomplish anything on this list it'll make very, very sad.

Credit: Pinterest

So Happy New Year everyone, and I hope that this year will make a great difference in your life, whether in health, wealth or love. And lastly thank you to all 30 of you followers (and new comers). I started this blog last May and I don't really write many posts, so I am surprised how there's 30 of you who actually read what I write. THANK YOU HUN-BUNS :)
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.