Thursday 10 December 2015

Blogmas - Day 10 - Candlelit Christmas Carol Service


I may have skipped two days but alas I had nothing new to add to any of those days anyway. Sure none of ye probably hadn't noticed.... up until now that is! Crap!

The first day for not publishing, I was doing it very last minute and the website was down. Then yesterday I was exhausted. Coming in the door from placement, I ate then napped for 3 hours, was awake for 2, then fell asleep for another 6 hours. I was all over the place with my sleeping pattern.

I just wanted to tell you all about the Candlelit Christmas Carol Service that was on in Canterbury Cathedral. I sang along with the gospel choir and the amplified sounds of our harmonies bouncing off all of the walls of the cathedral was amazing. There were other choirs there singing beautiful carols such as In the Bleak Midwinter, a favourite of mine and O Come All Ye Faithful. There was a little orchestra and contemporary ballet dancers, with the candles glow reflecting off their white costumes. They were almost like angels dancing to the crowd of 1100 people.

Even though I got candle was all over me, I still had a wonderful, peaceful time.

After getting our pictures taken with our conductor lying out in the front of us, we all made our way to the Uni canteen to get free mince pies and elderflower.

Source: WeHeartIt

I LOVE candles!! And everyone knows this about me. They know I love soft light. I love to have fairy lights, candles and lamps. Even my room here in Canterbury has fairy lights and church pillar candles at the fireplace. In my home in Ireland we always have candles. My family goes nuts for it. Seriously, even my dad!

I even got my mum to buy a huge candle lantern for outside our house, for Christmas.
And the reason why we've always had candles is, is that my mum is a freak for electricity, and she bloody well is right! Whenever we have had power cuts it makes no difference with getting around, we still can see where we're going. Plus you don't really need them if it's your home! You should know your own house off by heart.

So each Christmas we always have a tonne of lights!! I even got my dad to buy me these pretty lights one Christmas and put them on my ceiling in the shape of a tree!!

I can't wait to see my glowing house when I get back!!

Just one week guys... 1 WEEK!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.