Friday 4 December 2015

Blogmas - Day 3 - Top 10 Christmas Movies

Source: Pinterest

A dream job that I would love to have would be to work in filming, either in directing, producing or  in script writing. I just love movies and tv shows. So Christmas just gives me the excuse that I can stay indoors all day without feeling guilty and watch as many movies as I want. And all of my friends say that I watch movies like really unhealthily, hahaha. I blame my dad and both of my grandparents for allowing this to happen.

  • Love Actually (2003) - It's a must guys!! My whole family and I watch this not even at Christmas. We just love the music and come on!! THE CAST ARE AMAZING!
  • It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - My dad bought this one year for me saying that he really REALLY wanted me to watch it. He knew how I would react to it. I just love this heartwarming story. It's about a man named George Bailey (James Stewart) who goes into serious debt with the bank that he owns. He then lets the stress get the better of him and doesn't allow his friends or his family to help him. He then meets an trainee-Angel named Clarence who is there to help him by showing him what life would have been like if he was never born.
  • Little Women (1978 (mini-tv series & 1994) - Both are amazing. Winona Ryder plays Jo brilliantly in the movie but I do love William Shatner from Star Trek in the series version. The story is of four sisters growing up, moving away, getting married and pretty much having their lives completely change and yet a lot of what they go through they all are there for each other when need be. It is an ideal movie for Christmas, where you want a feel-good family, romantic, funny movie. There is one moment where you can't help but blub but it's beautifully done.
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Out of all of the Potter movies this one is perfect for Christmas Day. Hogwartz is covered in snow and that really with the huge Christmas trees in the Great Hall is all the magic you need for the day.
  • Miracle on 34th Street (1947 and 1994) - Six year old Susan is skeptical of the Christmas myth surrounding Santa Claus, a trait she learns from her mother, Dorey. When her mother is tasked with hiring the Santa who will pose with kids at Macy's (toy store), Dorey enlists a man with the curious name of Kris Kringle (Richard Attenborough) who claims to be Santa himself. His assertions are met with scoffs and threats of institutionalization, but a young lawyer, along with Susan and Dorey, comes to his defense. I do prefer this to Home Alone... now comes the endless groans... I do like Home Alone, but once every 5 years is enough for me.
  • Elf (2003) - This is played every single Christmas in our house and once during the year haha. My dad LOVES this film. Will Ferrell who is an elf looking for his biological father in New York city and pretty much standing out with his ott enthusiasm for the festive season, is the best comedy you can watch at Christmas.
  • The Santa Clause (1994) and The Santa Clause 2 (2002) - Great memories of watching the first one at my Grans house every Christmas. The second one is my favourite though. I just love when there's a bit of romance in there.
  • The Holiday (2006) - This is my favourite rom-com Christmas movie. I just remember coming out of the cinema with my aunt feeling as though it was one of the best feel-good movies I had ever seen. Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Carmeron Diaz and Jack Black... WOW!! And the kids in it are adorable.
  • While You Were Sleeping (1995) - I know this movie well off by heart!! I may even sleep talk the dialogue of Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman. The really cheesy music and the funny grandmother is what I love about this movie. Plus I like how Lucy (Sandra) doesn't wear any typical beautiful outfits. She's a normal gal where the guys likes her for who she is and I seriously like that!
  • Jack Frost (1998) - This is a movie that my brother and I have always watched as children. We would watch it over and over again. I was always heartbroken though by the story how the dad was his sons best mate only when he was turned into a snowman and then he just died in the end!!!! Sorry for the spoiler but god it is sad but I do love it weirdly enough!
So there they are my top 10!! Not in any order as I don't have a number one slot for a Christmas movie. Let me know what your favourites are and why.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.