Thursday 18 September 2014

Thankful Thursday | Taking Photos at the Beach & Having Wonderful Friends!


Can you believe that it's almost the end of September! Summer is gone and the leaves are beginning to change colour. I'm happy that I'll be returning to England by the end of the month, even with the complications of family and such. But there's far more to do over there. Most of the week was spent being ill and staying at home. I mean everyone loves to have evenings in, watching X-factor, Corrie or whatever, but having too much free time we begin to take it for granted.
So next week will be my last week here in Ireland and I'll be back to work in the land of sterling.
I have learned one thing from being back home for the duration of this summer (due to my nursing program), that I won't be spending a summer ever like this again. This time next year I'll be nursing and well, the holidays aren't as long, heehee.
Even my Dad has noticed how bored I am being back here (liking the English ways)

Sunday, my parents and I made a last trip to Strandhill (before I head back on the plane.) Obviously we made a stop by the town in Sligo for a bit of shopping and food. I got one of my favourite dishes, Irish beef stew.
Afterwards, we headed out to the beach. I brought my Grandads camera and took a few shots. The day was beautiful for such formidable pictures of the sea.
Mother dearest and I shared an utmost favourite of mine, carrot cake with the sweetest icing, oh and an iced tea.

My Thankful Thursday

Heading out with Dad for breakfast

Meeting the neighbours at Church

Sunday dinner and desert with the view of the sea

Hot cocoa, waffles & tea-lighted candles (random, I know!)

Twilight marathon! Yes the movies aren't great! But they bring good memories of reading the books, back in secondary school

Watching 'Star Trek' with Dad

Ella Henderson & Lana Del Rey

Dr. Who & Once Upon a Time

Seeing pictures of graduations in the University I'll be going to - 'The Dream!'

Receiving the most sweetest, unexpected messages from friends in England -
some are starting new jobs, some are starting University, in the September intake (how I want time to go faster!) I'm so happy that life is being so good to them, they most definitely deserve it!

The west of Ireland had a surprising round of sunshine for most of the week -
Taking naps with the sun on my face... utter pleasure!






We were lucky to have come late in the evening, so that we could get a window seat. Mum always smiles at the camera, heehee!






What did your week consist of? Anything fun? What were you most grateful for? Are you looking forward to going back to work, College, University? New beginnings?

Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.