Sunday 20 October 2013

Courage & Loyalty

(Credit - Pinterest)

Hello m'dears :)

This post I just want to talk about courage and loyalty. About how I see it. If you have any opinions on the topic feel free to comment away.

What is Courage? Do we all believe ourselves capable of ever ceasing it? I have always seen myself as someone who didn't really care of the consequences or what difficulties that I'd might face, but now I've realized that its not just the ability to overcome fear, or to be brave, it's more than that I feel. I see fear as both negative and positive. I don't want to feel fearless, other whys I won't feel a challenge. And I like challenges. I like myself being tested. I want to excel in my life with overcoming fear. I want to show my kids that its ok to feel fear, that it does in strange ways make you stronger. Yes, it may cause you unbearable pain at times, but you'll see that it's all for making you a better, more stronger individual.

Courage doesn't always have to be proven with words, it can equally be shown in silence. However not everyone notices, and sees you as a person who doesn't have an opinion or doesn't have a care in the world.

This week I took pride in myself of speaking up to someone who spoke badly of my Mother. My mum was pretty young when she had me so I was mostly taken care of by my Granny. Now yes it sounds bad, the idea of having someone take care of you, but my Mum is my role model, I hope one day I'll be happy as her. Have a family and home, friends, and a job that you love. I knew growing up that she was working to take care of her family. I knew that. So I don't think it's right to have people say unkind things about others when especially they don't understand the reasons that lie behind.

It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, but be careful! Respect should be shown as well. Usually I would be quiet if I disagreed with a person. It's good to hold your tongue at times. That way no ones feelings are hurt. I know when to hold my tongue and when not to!
When this person spoke badly of my Mum, I made sure to speak my mind and defend her. It was difficult because I know them really well, but I'm somebody who believes loyalty in a family is the thing that makes us closer. I know that my parents are always there for me, and they know that I'm always here for them.

Honesty is always said to be the best policy, but if for example your Mother goes to all lengths to make a meal for a special occasion, and you don't really like it, you don't say it out loud, hurting her feelings. The ones that say they prefer honesty should be careful because not everyone can take it.

And remember guys you may regret what you say out loud, life is short, so treat everyday like its your last and be kind to people.

I'm happy I defended my Mum. I felt better especially when only the day after she became sick, and she actually feared for her life. All is good now though, I have nothing to worry about.

(Credit -myself) Me and my Mum

Do you prefer honesty? Can you take it even if it hurts you? Always protect the ones you are most close to. Pluck up the courage and defend them. Know that day by day your courage will grow stronger. In a few weeks, months or years there will be a difference. You just need to try.

Thanks for reading everyone, love you all :) x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.