Monday 6 October 2014

Thankful Thursday | Youth Conference '14 & Shopping in Dublin


Well it's been a long time since I last spoke to ye guys.
My week was not exactly busy, seeing as I have no work or responsibility... so pretty much I just had a no-stress week. There was shopping of course, seeing as it was in Dubin. I treated myself to the new fragrance candle in 'Jo Malone', wood sage & sea salt, I bought myself a bathbomb from 'Lush', Company magazine & a lovely winter scarf from 'Pennies' (Primark) (will hopefully do a future post on this haul)

Thankful Thursday

Fun - With Edel. We laughed at fallen bags in puddles, played cards, took strange selfies, and had a relaxing time getting our arms & hands messaged in Jo Malones'.

Moisturised skin - It's a weird thing for the list, but I was grateful with my moisteriser, No. 7 Beautiful Skin

Tea & cake (Arrow) - having it while watching 'Arrow'. Edel is in love with this show, so pretty much I have to watch it, otherwise, she'll explode if she can't talk about it. For those of you that are planning on watching it, for me, I'd compare it to almost like a movie, rather than a tv show. Very much like Spider-man or Batman. The whole damsel in distress, oh my best mate is in love with my ex.
I was a true 'Lost' follower/fan and it kinda, in the smallest way reminds me of it (who doesn't enjoy a good flashback!) You'd enjoy it.

Faith - I was asked to attend a youth conference in Dublin at the weekend and I brought along Edel, so that we could enjoy a day or two out shopping as well.
Like last year, there were people trying to brainwash believers into delicate matters (issues would be the harsh word they'd use) and I found myself upset for feeling as though I was the only one (along with a handful of others) that my beliefs were indifferent. I however didn't feel as though my time was a waste. Usually when people tell me to believe in something or to do something, I carry it out in the opposite way. I felt stronger by the end of the weekend in what I believe in and in what my true morals are. To how the church thinks that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed is just a load of bull to me. But alas, there are hardly that many young believers out there. So the ones that are in power are a few decades behind and are a little old fashioned and narrow-minded.

Hot-dogs and milkshakes - I really REALLY enjoyed my milkshakes this week in 'Eddie Rockets'. Myself and Edel went twice. The second time I went in I had planned on only getting a milkshake (brownie, Mmm) but I gave in (very quickly) to a beef hot-dog. So good!




Oh no, not Christmas decorations already! And it's not even Halloween. Well you can blame Arnotts in Dublin. They're already getting prepared in selling the festive decor.






Thanks for reading guys,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.