Thursday 13 November 2014

Thankful Thursday | Catch Up Time!


Hello fellow gigglers,

I hope you haven't been waiting long, heehee. I may have been on hibernation for the last ---- month? Well, it's been almost a month. Which makes me very sad! The idea of not blogging!
How you have survived without me! Crazy :)

What life has been like for little old me, has been hard and *yawn* tiring!
I've somehow landed myself in 3 jobs, meaning, that I work, eat & sleep! I have made time for my Downton Abbey and brief trips to the library and shopping centres.
A funny thing that has just popped into my head, is when my friend found out about my jobs, and said that University for me in April will be a break. Haaaa! Indeed it will be and if only we were now in the month of April.

I'm grateful, strangely enough, to myself. For actually pushing myself to do what must be done. I know at the end of the day that I make the right decisions. That is what is been tested everyday! My decision making! A colleague of mine once told me that there may be regrets, but it's these regrets that make us grow and learn in life. I have regrets. But to be honest, I wouldn't exactly change anything. I'm happy where I've come. The journey has been tough, but I know that the outcome will be worthwhile.

The picture above is of my little cousin's visit to my Grans house in Ireland. Enjoying her night, lying next to the fire, with Rex. I too, when I was her age, would sit next to the fire, chatting to my Gran. Oh how I would love to have an open fire over here in England!!

My 'Thankful Thursday'

I've been thankful for getting to know people. I've been in awe of some people over these last few weeks. Of how it's not a positive attitude that keeps them going, but their strength. We all want answers to how it can be done, but people I guess must learn along the way.

For the Irish lass who helped me out on the bus - She made my day, by lending me a pound. My day was fine, but she brightened it up so much more.

For my work colleagues - M&S are new, but they've been considerate and patient. They've given me the oppurtunity to broaden my wings in management skills.
The restaurant staff, are more like friends than colleagues. I've known them for over a year now, and I've become more confident in my work. I enter the building feeling 'meh' but leave feeling happy. Not many jobs can do that! Last year I was afraid of going in and making mistakes, now I'm excited to get in and meet my challenges.

Finishing early at work & Relaxing in a pub (felt as though I was back home) with some friends. That Sunday had to have been the longest time since I had laughed so much. Even the taxi driver was super nice!

Downton Abbey has been a goal for me each week. I had something to look forward to. NOW! I must wait till Christmas for the Special! It may be weird, that Downton is usually the highlight of my Christmas Day! I don't care! I gave up the excitement of Christmas Day presents a few years back!

I'm looking forward to having my family from Ireland and Scotland come over to London for Christmas. Days spent in sparkly London and having afternoon tea with mum. Cinema trips with the Dad and brother and a bit of ice-skating beside Big Ben *fingers crossed*.

My winter coat! I love my big duvet jacket!! After some night shifts, I've had the pleasure of falling asleep on the bus.

Wages baby! I feel proud in myself to how I worked for this money! This week I did 4 night shifts. 1900-0700! Along with my normal hours.
There was music, heavy lifting, pizza deliveries, lots of chocolate and laughter!

I have posted this on the last minute! Cos that's me! Last minute Kayla!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.