Thursday 5 December 2013

Thankful Thursday


Merry Christmas loveies :)
Back home in Ireland we would be putting up our tree on the 8th of December. Always a lovely thing to look forward to.

This week was such a lovely week for feeling grateful, for friends, family and the comfort of a lovely hot water bottle and painkillers.... what?

Thankful Thursday
1) Lunch with friends... yummy Strawberry pancakes with ice-cream. It was in a way like a British version of Ihop. After, me and my friends raced to the College. Everyone coming in panting and complaining of not resting their stomachs.
2) The last of the Autumn leaves leaving us. I will be sad to say goodbye to their warm, loving colours.
3) Winter issue of 'Oh Comely' (for the journey to Ireland, along with mentos.)
4) Weekend getaway to Ireland, where I spent the 3 days with my Mum, Dad, and brother Aran.
5) Cinema trip with Dad and my brother. We went to see my favourite book series, 'Catching Fire'.

Everyone has favourites so far, 'Twliight', 'Percy Jackson', 'Mortal Instruments', etc and I found mine last year. I experienced the exciting feeling of my favourite book series with 'Harry Potter' at the age of 8 and from that age, every year until the final book, I was afraid I would never come across such wonderful characters again. But I did. Last year I found 'The Hunger Games Series' and I was thrilled. The movie did the book justice in my opinion. There were parts missing, but that's to be expected. Can I just say I'm thankful for Peeta, Haa :) Love him.
6) Me and my family went to see the lights being switched on in our local town, in County Roscommon. It wasn't much, but the sense of community and festive feeling was in the open air. I got to meet a few old Secondary school teachers and got to catch up with them, in funnily enough a pub.
7) Doing the reading at my Grandads 12th Anniversary Mass. I was 8 when he passed away. I remember everything about him, but at that age loosing a loved one is different. We look at our parents and pity them. So every year on his Anniversary I say the readings, a little way of showing my thanks to God that he was in my life, even for that short length of time.
8) I got a Christmas pressie from my brother, 'Singing in the Rain'. He says he doesn't like them type of movies but he was laughing away, pretending to be asleep.
9) Watching my favourite Sam Bailey on X-factor. She is amazing. She has the voice, the beauty, and the driven determination, all with her loving family behind her. If I were in her position I couldn't imagine anything more unbelievable.
10) Discussing favourite movies with my friend Lauren. I'm so grateful to be able to laugh over funny scenes of 'Toy Story' and sqweel over rom-coms like 'The Wedding Date'. "Wasn't that just the perfect song..."

This week was wonderful. Even with getting seriously sick on Saturday till yesterday I was happy to get a breath of fresh air in Ireland. Yep, I got on a plane so I could just head over to Ireland for a breath of fresh air, Haa!

Love ye guys, x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.