Tuesday 3 December 2013

Jolly Christmas Tag

Hello Christmas Lovers :)

Credit: 'Pinterest'

We are now in the Jolly Season of Christmas (just so ye know heehee)
And I wanted to really do this tag, simply because... I LOVE CHRISTMAS :)
I saw how Aimee did this tag last week (I've been in Ireland and have been so sick, so haven't had time) so please do a have at her blog. I love how she's so open with her followers. I respect her so much for it.

Me and my family go all out with Christmas, the lights, the decoration, the family day trip to Dublin for shopping and the cinema... this year we've decided that we'll be seeing the next Hobbit movie. All of us but Mum are fans. So Christmas this year will be more special to me because I live now in the UK, and I'm away from my family. This Christmas there will be lots of hugs and laughs in the family.

So the Jolly x-mas tag:

1) What's your favourite Christmas Song?
My favourite Christmas song is 'Fairytale of New York' by the Pogues. Reason being is because I feel a sense of pride hearing the traditional music and heavy Irish accents in the vocals and lyrics. I love to hear it at night in the car, singing away, being happy that it's Christmas.

2) What is your favourite Holiday Drink?
My favourite holiday drink, hmm... well, that's hard because I love hot chocolate and coffee with dollops of cream, however I have hot coco all year round; it's only at Christmas that me and my Mum have our tradition with coffee and cream. Like ye should look in our fridge, there is a HUGE bowl of cream, waiting to be attacked.

3) What is your favourite Christmas treat?

Credit from Pinterest

Mince Pies guys. The love of my life. It's funny cos they do taste strange, but that was me and coffee at first, I was all, "Eugh" but now I'm a caffeine addict. And another great bonus about mince pies is that cream can be added on top... CREEEEEAM :)

4) What is on the top of your Christmas list this year?
Well, I have nothing particular in mind so what I would like this year is surprises. I love surprises. So this year I hope to just get little things that I don't know that I'm getting. My Mum and brother are utter rubbish at surprises, like just last week I got a Christmas present from them... a bit too early guys! And my brother thought it wasn't a big deal, that's why he gave it early! But I loved it... "Singing in the Rain", I'm a lover of old classics.

5) Are you doing anything extra special Christmas?

Well, since I'm living in London, I get to see the lovely lights and decorations. Recently I saw the lights and beautiful window displays in London, favourites were on Bond St. at Selfridges... it was amazing. Plus I got to step foot in the Louis Vutons elevator which was opened the day before. I was terrified when it started spinning in circles, heehee. And before Christmas Edel is coming over for a few days, so we'll get to look around London together (she's so excited, so I'm happy about that.) There'll be shopping for pressies and treats as well... YAY and looking around in Winter Wonderland :) So yeah, that should count as 'something special over x-mas'.
(Apologies about the crappy pictures, I didn't have time uploading mine, so I used these from Pinterest instead.)

6) What is your favourite Christmas Carol?
'Oh Holy Night'. It touches my heart so much. I love 'Silent Night' as well but it would come second place really. I love singing them and hearing them every year in the choir. I go to two masses at Christmas, the one on Christmas Day and the one at midnight. Midnight mass in my hometown in Ireland is just beautiful, with the candles and lighting, and 'Oh Holy Night' just tops it off.

7) What is your favourite Christmas scent?
The smell of pine trees, Christmas Yankee candles and the moment I step foot in the Dining Room, the smell of our Christmas Day meal... delicious.

8) Do you have a stocking stuffer that makes its way back into stockings year after year?
I did at my Grans house, but not in my own. It would be filled with little sweets and little toys. I would be too afraid to have one on my fireplace.

9) Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
This year I don't have any trees, because when there is a loss in a family, one that was very dear, it's tradition for the Irish to not have any Christmas Tree in the house. Over the years we've had real ones but just 2 years ago my Dad decided he had enough taking his anger out on the tree, trying to get it fit into the bucket... Haa! So we usually have 3 trees, heehee, the more the merrier you see.

10) Are you a good gift wrapper?
No. I wish I was. I love seeing pretty gifts wrapped with the bow and everything. I just hate to destroy the wrappings.

Let me know guys what ye love doing at Christmas, where to go etc.

Thanks for reading,









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.