Saturday 17 August 2013

Camping with Friends


Hey Peoples :)
Well on Tuesday, me and some friends decided to meet up for a camping trip, for just 2 days. We've been going for the past 3 years. We camp in Lough Key, Forest Park, in County Roscommon. It's perfect for us because we've all been going there since we were kids, so we know the place really well, as well as it's not a long journey to get to.
I didn't get much time to spend with them during the year, every one of us lives in different parts of the country, Dublin, Galway and Letterkenny (Co. Donegal). And this September I'll be living in London... MUCH FURTHER! So it's going to be difficult. 

So this trip was a lot of fun, plenty of laughing, more so than the previous years. And even with most of us struggling with keeping within a budget we still were able to get by just fine. It does make me a little annoyed when being with friends that I start to think about money, whether I'll have enough. Years ago it wasn't so complicated. It's not nice having  to think about whether I'll be able to afford anything, when I should be relaxing and having fun. I guess it'll never go away, it's one of the joys about responsibilities.

This lovely tent took about 2 hours to set up... in the rain I might add. So no, the weather wasn't great... heehee. But that didn't stop us from having a great time.


These 4 lassies are all great friends of mine, Lisa, Edel, Katie & Shauna, all of whom I've know since I was 13/14 years old and what I most like about them is that they're nothing a like. I would have different conversations with each of them, on different topics, that we would have in common. Each of them makes me laugh with their own personalities. I will miss them when I leave, but I know who they are and what they're like and they're the kind of friends who would always stay in contact with phone calls and emails. So even if it's only a few days a year that I get to see them, I'm happy with that. It's better than having no contact at all.


This guy, Cillian, will also be very much missed. Lets just say I'll have some great, funny memories of English and French Class to look back on. Even though I only became friends with him during 5th year (17 years old) I have to say he has become one of my 'Life Long friends', along with Edel (the girl with the pigtails) that girl will probably never NOT be in my life.
Unfortunately because of my own crazy personality and downhill lack of confidence I don't really get on with a lot of people, but the people that I do get on well with, they'll end up being the people that will still be in my future. I wouldn't waste my time if they didn't. 
In the past, I've never laughed so much in my life with these guys. The times where I've most appreciated the five of them is when they've made me laugh by myself, not in front of others. And I've loved all of our special meaningful chats. I've grown to know more about them through the years, just by listening. And I don't mind that. All I know is that if I was ever needing someone to talk to, they'd be there. And not by showing off in front of others, pretending to listen, pretending to be the good guy, they'd be there for me, and that's all I really need. The knowledge that they're there for me for when I most need it. 






The first night, we sat around a bench by the lake at night, star gazing, and we played a game called 'Paranoia'. Basically we found out what we all thought of one another. The honesty was good and bad for everyone. Refreshing for some, and funny for others. There were things that I didn't know that people thought about me, so it was all very touching.


The next day we hopped onto 2 boats and crossed over the lake to a castle on a island. The Castle itself belongs to someone I know, so it was cool seeing it for my own eyes. It wasn't fixed up or anything but it gave this old historic feel to it.
 I felt very much like Mary Poppins or Audrey Hepburn with my umbrella. I tried also being a sail for the boat. I think I did fairly well with the job... haa!





There were some funny moments with people falling over, people getting very tipsy, a lovely BBQ and some funny conversations. The song that will remind me of this Camping Trip will be 'Roar' by Katy Perry, seeing as it was constantly played over and over again :)


Our first Camping trip.


Our Graduation.


You may not see how much we've changed by these pictures, but we have. Some of us changed in our appearances, some with our styles in fashion, some with our personalities. And even with these changes we've still remained friends to this day, through the good, the bad and the ugly.
I know I will make new friends in London, but I hope they will be as original and as unique as the ones I've made in Ireland. 

Have you any friends that you know will be life-long friends? And how do you know? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading :)

Lots of Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.